Housing Technology (Owned by The Intelligent Business Co Ltd) are committed to treating your information securely, with respect and in line with data protection law. In the document below, we clearly set out all the information regarding how we use your data and your rights. If you have any questions, please see the contact section below.
Our contact details
Name: Housing Technology (Owned by The Intelligent Business Co Ltd)
Address: Housing Technology, Hoppingwood Farm, Robin Hood Way, London, SW20 0AB.
Phone Number: +44 (0) 20 8336 2293
How to unsubscribe, update your details, withdraw your consent or request deletion of your data:
Please go to this page for full details and to use the appropriate forms: Update Details
Why do we process your data
Housing Technology needs to process some personal data in order to deliver our services to you and our clients.
The types of data we collect and how we collect it
We may collect, store securely and use the following kinds of personal data:
Personal identifiers and contact information: Addresses, names, phone numbers, email addresses, job titles etc that you provide to us via:
- Subscription forms (magazine, newsletter, updates)
- Event Registration forms
- Payment forms
- Order forms
- Request Forms (i.e. to receive a new copy of the magazine, update details)
- Job Application forms (via our recruitment platform)
- Survey Forms
- Contact Forms
- Direct Emails (i.e. direct enquiries, support questions)
Billing information: Any information relating to a transaction or payment which you have provided to us via our forms or direct email.
Event Attendance and Activity Information: This data is collected via registration forms, in directly by reviewing event no shows and event check in information and via our digital event platform analytics.
Opt ins: If you have freely opted in and consented to your information being shared or processed via one of our forms, we store a record of this consent for compliance purposes and data sharing.
Direct Emails: We store information that you choose to send to us via email such as feedback, complaints, support issues.
Email Server Data: Our email distribution services collect data on email deliverability and engagement.
Job Application Information: On our recruitment site we store information relating to job adverts and applications submitted. In addition to contact details noted above, this includes C.Vs and covering letters which contain identifiable data.
Google Analytics Information: We will collect general information about visits our website (including your IP address, general geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
The legal bases we rely on
We process your data in accordance with the data protection regulation. This sets out the legal ways in which we may collect and process your personal data:
Consent: We process your data on the basis of consent if you have either signed up for an explicit service, event, product or explicitly ticked a box on one of our webforms to receive additional and specified information from us or for your data to be shared.
Contractual obligations: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations and in order for us to complete a service which you have requested from us. For example, we may need to deliver a report or magazine to your address.
Legal compliance: If the law requires us to, we may need to process your data in order to comply with legal proceedings. This could for example take place in the case of fraud or criminal activity. We may in those cases pass on your details to law enforcement.
Legitimate Interest: In certain circumstances in order to fulfil our services, we process data on the lawful basis of legitmate interest.
How will we process your data?
Depending on what services you have signed up for, the manner in which your data will be processed may be different. Below we have listed the ways in which we will process your data:
- If you have subscribed to the Housing Technology magazine, we will keep you informed via email of the latest issue of the magazine including requests for contributions, reminders and service updates. If you have requested a printed copy, we will also be delivering this magazine and occasional supplements/ inserts to the address you provided.
- If you have subscribed to one of our mailing lists via our online forms or in person via a direct email request, we will send you occasional emails relating to our services including information relating events, research, opportunities to contribute, whitepapers, videos, podcasts, recruitment and opportunities to sponsor/ advertise with us.
- If you are attending one of our events, your submitted data will be processed for the purposes of administering the event you will be attending.
- If for a physical event you have freely submitted dietary requirements or other information relating to your wellbeing, this will be shared on to the venue’s hospitality team.
- If you have explicitly opted in to share your contact details and attendance information to a third party (i.e. a named event sponsor), we will provide your data to them in line with our contracts. If no consent has been given, data will be anonymised. Your right to withdraw will always be maintained.
- If in the rare occasion there is a major change to one of our core services which may affect you, we will inform you via email.
- Occasionally, collected data may also be used for performance analysis purposes such as attendance and subscriber rates and to improve the customer experience. This data will always be anonymised if shared publicly or with a third party.
- If you have completed a paid transaction with us such as purchasing a report or attending an event, we will process your data for the purpose of completing billing and informing you.
- If you are an employer using our Housing Technology Recruitment services, we’ll process your data to complete our service of placing your submitted job adverts onto the website and other communication channels. This includes informing you via email regarding the status and issues relating to your advert.
- If you are an applicant using our Housing Technology Recruitment service, your data will be passed directly to the advertised employer or third-party recruitment company who is legally contracted to act on behalf of that employer. Your data will not be kept on our website for longer than necessary (i.e. after the position has been closed and the employer no longer needs access to that job vacancy.
How long will we keep your data?
Personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. This includes after you have unsubscribed, when delivery of your magazine digitally or via post is no longer being received due to outdated email/ physical addresses.
The right to information:
Through this policy and our website forms, we are committed to being transparent about how your information will be processed. You may request information on the date we hold about you at any point. You can also contact us at any point to receive further information on our policies. (email@example.com)
The right to have your data changed:
You may submit a formal ‘Subject Access Request’ to us via email or call us (see contact information at the top of this document) to request information on what data we hold and how it can be updated. As per the General Data Protection Regulation, we will respond without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt. We reserve the right to extend the period of compliance by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary. Before completing this request, we are entitled to ask for any information we reasonably require to check the person’s identity. This is to make sure there are no attempts at identity theft. To verify your identity we may: Phone you and verify details or request a scanned version of your driver’s licence or passport. Upon completion of these steps, we will send you a copy of the personal information we have in our database and update details where necessary. There is no charge for this request.
The right to erasure:
If you would like your data to be completely destroyed, you have the right to erasure and we will (except in certain cases – see below) process this promptly and remove all records from our databases within 1 month by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The right to erasure is however not an absolute right and the right to erasure does not apply if processing is necessary for one of the following reasons:
- to comply with a legal obligation: this may involve the completion of a transaction which is legally binding between ourselves ‘The Intelligent Business Co Ltd’ and you personally or your organisation. For example, when payments as part of a contract have not been completed. Where a legally binding transaction or obligation on our part is still outstanding, we reserve the right to keep necessary data until completion. In addition, we need to keep copies of invoices to comply with the regulations at HMRC.
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims: In the case where we need to engage with or pass over information to law enforcement, we reserve the right to keep necessary data.
Where may your data be processed?
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”) such as to non-EU based cloud services which we use to manage legitimate business operations. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
Who do we share your data with?
We will never share information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing unless we have received specific consent from the individuals involved. In some cases, we will share your information with trusted third-parties to support legitimate business purposes and in order to fulfil our services to you. These include the following types of service:
- Delivery couriers
- Event management services
- Event venues or caterers
- Digital event platforms
- Accounting software and accountants
- CRM systems
- Data storage services and CMS platforms.
- Recruitment Platforms
If explicit consent has been provided via our forms or direct email, we will also share your contact information and attendance information with third party sponsors of events or publications.
In the case of fraud or other criminal activity, we may share your information with law enforcement bodies.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. For example, we have rules in place to ensure that access to personal information on our protected database is restricted to authorised individuals on a strictly need-to-know basis. We will not discuss your personal information with anyone other than you, unless you have given us prior written authorisation to do so or where we have received a clear verbal instruction from you (as a one-off circumstance). Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Third party websites
The website may from time to time contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.