HOUSING TECHNOLOGY GUIDE TO IoT DEPLOYMENT
About the Report
Housing Technology Guide to IoT in Housing is now available, with support from Aico.
Housing Technology’s research shows that the UK social housing sector’s attitude to the deployment of IoT devices in its tenants’ homes and subsequent data collection, analysis and reporting is overwhelmingly positive, and our research suggests strong growth in the widespread installation of IoT devices.
The contents of Housing Technology and Aico’s free report include:
- Timescales & readiness – Half the respondents have either completed a pilot IoT project in their tenants’ homes or are in the middle of doing so at the moment.
- Importance to future strategy – A large majority of respondents consider IoT and smart-home devices to be significantly important to their overall future strategies
- Reasons for device deployment – Building- and asset-information management is the leading reason for IoT deployment, followed by tenant and building safety.
- Barriers to IoT device adoption – The most common reasons for not deploying IoT devices were financial, competing priorities and a lack of data management resources.
- Number of installed devices (current) – The highest figures are for ‘compliance necessary’ devices that housing providers already need to have (e.g. smoke and carbon monoxide alarms), with the lowest figures for devices relating to enterprise-wide data management strategies.
- Number of installed devices (future) – The greatest future growth is around devices supporting housing providers’ wider data management strategies (e.g. predictive maintenance & repairs, behavioural analysis and reporting).
- IoT supplier choice – The most important factor in housing providers’ choice of IoT device supplier is support and maintenance.
- Data analysis and reporting – IoT-derived data will be mainly collected, analysed and reported via housing providers’ existing housing- and asset-management systems.
- Integration, maintenance & support – The majority of housing providers expect to use third-party providers (incl. device manufacturers) to deploy, maintain and support their IoT devices in tenants’ homes.
ORDER THIS REPORT
Pricing: This supplement is free of charge.
How to Order: Please use the order form below to receive the report via email. If you do not receive it within 5 mins, please check your spam box. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues.