Having just confirmed the date and venue for next year’s Housing Technology conference and executive forum (see page 29), we are working on the event’s high-level themes. While these are not an exhaustive list of what housing providers should be including in their IT strategies, we think they are useful pointers.
- Business and IT – the changing role of IT and delivering IT as a ‘value-adding utility service’;
- Digital inclusion – corporate strategies and benefits, and tenant delivery plans;
- Housing analytics – business intelligence, big data, performance management and reporting;
- Line-of-business applications – including housing, asset and finance management, mobile working & scheduling, CRM and workflow;
- New ways of working – bring your own device, the consumerisation of IT and changing working patterns;
- Tenant communications – joined-up operations across call centres, web, email, social media and mobile;
- Value for money – cost reduction strategies vs. developing new services;
Welfare reform and universal credit – plans and strategies for success through IT.