We are delighted to announce that we are in the midst of analysing the fascinating results of Housing Technology’s first-ever review of business and technology salaries in housing. Given people’s natural interest in how they and their peers are remunerated, we had an outstanding response to our survey (100 per cent anonymous, for obvious reasons), supported by Lioness Recruitment.
The full Housing Technology ‘Salary Review 2023’ report will be published in mid-August; to whet your appetite, here are some of the Housing Technology research team’s early findings*.
• The average annual salary is £60,900, with technology-based roles generally better paid more than business-based ones.
• Office-based roles command average higher salaries (£68,500) compared with hybrid- (£61,600) or remote-working roles (£54,300).
• In terms of seniority, the average salary ranges from CxO roles at £123,500 to non-managerial roles at £43,500.
• Among different types of social housing providers, local government has the lowest average salaries (£50,100), housing associations in the middle (£61,600), and other public-sector organisations the highest (£62,100).
• Regionally, the West Midlands leads with the highest average salaries (£74,700), and Northern Ireland with the lowest (£41,100).
To pre-order your free copy of the Housing Technology ‘Salary Review 2023’ report, please visit housing-technology.com/salary2023.
Housing Technology would like to thank all of the survey respondents for supporting this initiative.
* Note: Housing Technology advises caution in using the figures above without recourse to the full analytics, survey methodology and data metrics which will be published in our final report.